Having situational awareness means understanding the current state of the healthcare system, and is essential during an emergency. The Coalition builds the infrastructure required to collect and share information with healthcare partners.
Collecting & Sharing Information
The Coalition ensures that providers, other responders, and the public have up-to-date information about what matters most to them including the following:
- The impacts to the healthcare system
- Various healthcare closures/evacuations such as emergency department statuses, doctor office or pharmacies closures
- Emergency field operations, such as Public Health – Seattle and King County alternate care facilities
- Relevant trends in staffing
- Observed patterns in healthcare supplies and resource needs
- Opportunities for resource matching, for example the sharing of medical supplies and pharmaceuticals
- Updates from the King County Medical Examiner’s Office
- Critical infrastructure information regarding roads/bridges, power outages, medical supplies, etc.
Situational awareness conversations with healthcare occur in our Coalition healthcare sector meetings. To find information out about how you can be involved visit the Engagement Opportunities page or email KCHC@kingcounty.gov.