Since 2005, the Coalition has demonstrated substantial value to its participants. Strong executive leadership combined with effective programmatic support from Public Health – Seattle & King County have allowed the Coalition to achieve a successful track record in strengthening King County’s capacity to prepare for and respond to disasters and epidemics. Learn more about our accomplishments.
The Benefits of Healthcare Participation
The Coalition helps coordinate emergency preparedness and response activities throughout the county. Our many participants benefit from:
- Regional training and exercises that test organizational and regional capabilities and lead to better outcomes for staff and patients.
- Technical support for the use of WATrac.
- Activities, tools and resources that support accreditation & licensing demands.
- Regional planning and agreements that lead to improved coordination and access to resources.
- Collaboration and peer support that lead to more transparent and effective preparedness outcomes.
- Opportunities to advise the local health officer and local public officials about public health policy matters.
- Advocacy and visibility for healthcare with emergency management and other partners.
Contact us to learn more about the Healthcare Coalition and to become a participant.
Any participating healthcare organization can become a financial sponsor. Our recommended contribution amounts are based on annual corporate revenues.
An engaged, collaborative and prepared healthcare community is our priority, and is essential to our success when disaster strikes. While we encourage healthcare participants to support and sustain the work of the Coalition as financial contributors, we welcome all healthcare entities with or without an annual charitable contribution.